UPL-AOPA cordially invites you and your family to our:
FLY OUT – GOING DUTCH WEEKEND!
Friday July 7th – Sunday 9th 2017
Luxembourg – Texel (EHTX) – Enschede/Twente (EHTW) – Genk (EBZW) – Luxembourg: 485 NM
Good atmosphere- good friends !
- (Electrical) Biking at Dutch North Sea island of Texel
- Joining international AOPA international pilot’s fly in at Enschede/Twente with entertainment program for young and old
- International pilot’s BBQ at Enschede /Twente airfield
- White night at party town Enschede
Organiser: Peter Sodermans, board member UPL-AOPA
FLY OUT – GOING DUTCH – JULY 7TH-9TH 2015 – DETAILS & SCHEDULE
This upcoming fly-out of UPL-AOPA brings us to the Netherlands. On Friday morning July 10th, you’ll fly 216 NM to the island of Texel at the Dutch coast, where you’ll check in at your hotel
Sweeping white-sand beaches, wildlife-rich nature reserves, sun-dappled forests and quaint villages are among the highlights of Texel, the largest and most visited of the Wadden Islands. About 3km north of the coast of Noord-Holland, Texel (pronounced “tes-sel”l) is 25km long and 9km wide. You can either enjoy a relaxing day at the beach or discover the island per (electrical) bike
On Saturday morning July 11th after breakfast, you are flying 90 NM to the newly re-opened airfield nearby Enschede airport (Twente), where the Dutch AOPA organizes an international Fly-In.
Because the event is also promoted by AOPA in Belgium, the United Kingdom, France and Germany, it promises to be an international pilots gathering actively supported with host Enschede Airport Twente, will provide a full-fledged program for young and old.
There is a wide variety of delicious food and drinks from local suppliers; there are very interesting and entertaining seminars to attend; there will be various stands of interesting aviation companies, such as aircraft brands, maintenance and training.(seminars about Mobile flite deck, short field landing, etc….)
You’ll end the day with a luxurious barbecue where the Dutch AOPA and the Enschede/Twente airport promised to take special care of you and your family!
UPL- AOPA Members have free access and do not have to pay a landing fee (you have to bring your UPL-AOPA membership card with you however)
The more courageous can jump into the nightlife of Enschede with plenty of bars in the city
On Sunday morning July 12th, you’ll take it very easy and will be flying out to Genk-Zwartberg in Limburg, Belgium (91NM) where we’ll enjoy a relaxing lunch on this vivid airfield where there’s always something going on. From there, we’ll have a short flight to Luxembourg (78NM)
Pre tour briefing
Tuesday July 4th at 7pm Pre tour briefing at the Aéro-Sport clubhouse
Friday July 7thth
10am Flight from Luxembourg to Texel
Check-in at hotel
2pm Guided tour of the island per (electrical) bike, covering the island highlights
Or simply enjoy the beach
7pm Group dinner
Saturday July 8th
9.00 am Take off for Enschede airport (Twente), where we are welcome by AOPA Netherlands
10:45 am Joining the international pilots fly-in with a full program for pilots and passengers, setup by AOPA Netherlands.
5.30 pm Pilots BBQ at the Enschede/Twente airfield
9 pm Discover the bars and exciting nightlife of Enschede
Sunday July 9th
10.30 am Take off for Genk Zwartberg , where we’ll enjoy a small lunch prior to fly back home
Please fill out and return by email: email@example.com – prior to June 25th 2017
First and last name: ________________
Phone: Mobile: email: _________________________
I’ll join with my own or another private aircraft
Ο private aircraft LX- or _____________
Ο club aircraft LX- or _____________
First name: Last name: ______
First name: Last name:
First name: Last name:
Do you have available seats in your plane: If yes, how many ? __________________
Ο Friday July 7th, 2017 Arrival at Texel (EHTX) approx hr
Ο Saturday July 8th, 2017 Arrival at Enschede/Twente (EHTW) approx hr
Hotel reservations: night 7/8th :
Texel: it is high season in Texel with little hotels availability left, pilots are advised to make room reservation by themselves asap via booking.com (there’s a free cancellation option, please book right away).
We suggest the following 5 hotels for our pilots and their passengers:
– Airport hotel (very limited availability)
reservation link → https://goo.gl/I7VD8d more than 190€
in the village of “DE KOOG” there are several hotels nearby each other with availabilities
– Hotel Tesselhof ***
reservation link → https://goo.gl/ZfII6l (rooms 90€ and more)
– Hotel De Pelikaan ***
reservation link → https://goo.gl/tAmgkS (rooms 100€)
– Hotel Greenside Texel ****
reservation link → https://goo.gl/TJgiWi (rooms 150€ and more)
– Fletcher Hotel – Restaurant de Cooghen ****
reservation link → https://goo.gl/f8Vcdl (rooms 130€ and more)
Please insert which hotel you have booked for your team in Texel: ______________________
Hotel reservations: night 8th/9th :
Enschede: it is high season in Enschede, pilots are advised to make room reservation by themselves asap via the website of the Vandervalk hotel ****, with the option to cancel for free.
reservation link → https://goo.gl/0mzQuf (rooms at 100€)
Please insert which hotel you have booked for your team in Enschede: ____________________________
FLY OUT – GOING DUTCH – JULY 7TH-9TH 2015 – PICTURE HIGHLIGHTS
Enschede / Twente
TO DO LIST FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
- Fill out the registration form (preferably enter your details directly in word) indicating your details as well as the names of your passengers, so we can notify the AOPA organisation in the Netherlands(practical arrangements BBQ)
- Please indicate whether you have a seat available in your plane for other pilots or participants
- For convenience reasons, please indicate your estimated arrival time in Texel as well as Enschede/Twente
- We’ve noticed that the available rooms in Texel are very scarce, reason to proceed right away with your hotel reservation. We have provided you here above a number of suggestions. It is not possible to book the whole group in the same hotel. We’ve selected hotels in the village of “DE KOOG” at the Texel Island, which are at walking distance from each other. The selected hotels can be canceled free of charge, reason to make reservations today.
- We have provided you in the registration form with hyperlinks to make the hotel reservations. You are solely responsible for making the reservations and for cancelling them when the weather is bad and you cannot make it to Texel or Enschede. UPL-AOPA or UPL-AOPA is not involved in this process and we have no spare rooms available.
- Please insert in the form which hotel you booked in Texel and Enschede, so that the organization has an overview
- Once the registration form is completely filled out, please return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A travel blog has been initiated on which more details (pictures and videos) about this fly out can be retrieved: please check http://upl-aopa.blogspot.lu/
- Reservations are accepted until June 25th .
- There is no registration fee, this fly-out is free of charge.
- If you have any questions, send an email to organizer Peter Sodermans (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org